1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
b. How We Use It We use your personal information to provide you services and to complete transactions in which you enter with us or using the services. We may also use your personal information for communications; from time to time, we may use your personal information to send updates and important notifications, such as changes to our documentation (terms conditions policies and procedures) and because this communication pertains to the provision of your services, you may not opt out of receiving these updates. We may also use your personal information to improve our products, content & services. In the case of a promotion of any kind, any personal information given may be used to administer such promotion. We may also use this information to send target marketing and promotional offers based on your preferences.
2. Collection and Use of Non-Personal InformationWhat We Collect & How We Use It We may collect non-personal information; data we collect about the use of the services or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed or in anonymized form that does not directly identify you.We may also collect
Demographical Information, such as age range, gender, time zone, state, city, area code, zip code, climate characteristics, language preference & device identifier. The items help us determine to whom we should tailor services.
Transactional Data such as whether a transaction took place, what kind of device was used, was the transaction successful, over what route the transaction came, how long it takes to complete the transaction, et al. These items help us keep up the services and improve the service we provide to you.
Behavioral Information where a transaction takes place, when a transaction, time of year, time of day, what was purchased, whether it is a repeat transaction. This information helps our corporate customers improve the products and services they provide to you as a consumer, and helps us to determine how we should tailor services. In the case non-personal information is combined with personal information, the result will be treated as personal information.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties From time to time we may make certain proprietary or personal information available to service providers and affiliates with whom we work, in order to provide our products and services or who assist in promotional and marketing activities. Personal information will not be shared or sold to third parties for their marketing purposes, and only shared by us to fulfill or improve products, services and promotional and marketing activities. We will from time to time employ or contract with service providers who provide services such as customer support, managing data, delivering products and services, conduct research, and assess your interest in the products and services. These service providers are obligated to keep your personal information protected. When necessitated or compelled by law, legal process, legitimate requests from authorities (foreign or domestic) including a subpoena, it may become necessary for Tumble to disclose personal information. We may also disclose personal information for the purposes of public importance, such as the enforcement of the law, public health and safety or national security.
5. Protection of Personal Information Tumble uses multiple safeguards to protect your personal information against misappropriation, loss, theft, unauthorized access, alteration and destruction. These include physical devices, technical knowhow, policies and procedures and administrative steps.
6. Integrity and Retention of Personal Information Tumble has a commitment to privacy which we communicate and reiterate to our employees, and strictly enforce privacy and security. Should you wish to close your account and end your relationship with Tumble, we will “close” such account, but retain personal information to collect fees or redeem value, resolve disputes, or assist with any action required or permitted by law.
7. Access to Your Information We also commit to accuracy of information, and you may review and edit your personal information, including partial or total deletion of such information, by logging into your account settings and profile. To verify it is accurate & change it. Should this not be available to you, you may contact us through the contact information listed below for assistance.
8. Children We do not knowingly collect information on children under the age of 13, unless through a special program, a parent has set up a student account on behalf of that child, and a verified consent from the parent has been provided. In the case we learn that information has been collected on a child under the age of 13 without the appropriate parental consent, action will be taken to remove such information as quickly as possible. For more information, please review Tumble Terms of Sale and Account.
9. Location-Based Services Tumble may collect, use and share location data, including precise location data and real time geolocation data in combination with Transactional Data in order to provide other users product and service information in real time. This information is anonymized and aggregated, and will not personally identify users.
11. International Users Tumble is not intended for international use at this time, therefore international participation is not expected or encouraged. As this is the case there are no reasonable means for Tumble to determine whether personal information is coming from overseas, and disclaims any liability should an unintended user somehow register personal information. In the case we learn that information has been collected on unintended user without the appropriate information “safe harbor” framework, action will be taken to remove such information as quickly as possible.
14. Withdrawing Consent You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically by writing to us at Tumble, 45 Lansing Street, #1605, San Francisco, CA 94105, or, ironically, contacting us by email at email@example.com. You may also withdraw consent to receive an electronic copy of your IRS Form 1099, yet maintain electronic communications with us by requesting paper copies of the IRS form 1099 in the manner described above.
15. Requesting paper copies of electronic Communications If you would like a paper copy of any Communication previously sent to you, you may contact us and make a request for a paper copy, up to 6 months after the date of the Communication. Requests made after 6 months may not be able to be met. Paper copies of Communications will be sent by first class US mail. In order for us to send you paper copies, you must have a current street address on file or provide it to us.